Thread: Duokan FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #20
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
There's a few more things:

Fonts:
You can add TTF fonts to the fonts directory in the DK system folder, and they will show up in the fonts list, worked fine for me. I extracted the fonts from the fonts hack in the wiki that contains droid sans etc.

These look a bit ugly though
Tried some other more typical book fonts like baskerville bembo palatino, look much better.
You are limited to how many fonts you can add. I think only 7 or so. And it doesn't seem to like otf, only ttf.

Loading images:
They are gifs stored in system loadingpicture.
You can edit them if you want. I removed the chinese text from the USB image to test this out, because it was bugging me. I'll fiddle with editing the duokan logo. I don't mind the logo, but I don't really like seeing the characters, I'd rather it be in english .

The typesetting and translation on a lot of the stuff is very poor.
A lot of the text strings are reused - "normal" is used over and over again for like 3 settings.

Does anyone know how to edit the other text strings/where they are stored. What's in the .img files/ .dat files, and how the whole layout of everything works. I have not had the time to fiddle with much yet.

Last edited by curstpriest; 11-09-2010 at 04:55 PM.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote