View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #44
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I will weigh in (but not vote) as a non-Kobo person always looking for a possible replacement for my aging PEz

I see Kobo FW issues mentioned all the time in Calibre.
Granted some of these are on the fringe, but others make me feel I am back in the 80's calling Software support and getting asked: 'What time did you download (by 1200 baud modem) the patch'

Too frequent updates indicates to me, a rushed QC.
(then there is the fine line not to cross: not frequent enough updates. For significant issues would indicate lack of caring )

Quite a balancing act. Rich GUI features that are (codewise) fragile or a Basic interface, limited but rock solid.

The Aura hardware looks intriguing ( I just wish for buttons, being touch challenged).
I will continue to keep my eye on Kobo devices
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote