View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
I don't read ebooks on my phone. It's a tiny low end Nokia which basically places and receives calls. That's all I want it to do.

I do use a PDA as my standard ebook reading device, in a form factor similar to a smartphone. The PDA supports color, and I have viewers for eReader, Mobipocket, PDF, Plucker, Word, RTF, and plain text formats, so I can handle pretty much any electronic format.

The relatively small screen (320x480) and backlit LCD have never been a problem (and the backlight can be turned off on my device, making it readable out of doors.)

Most important, the PDA does many other things besides display ebooks. It plays audio and video files, handles my address book, calendar, and scheduling, does word processing and spreadsheets, provides my handy reference to just about everything, and oh, yes, plays games. (I can go online and surf the web or check email with it, but usually don't.)

It goes with me everywhere.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote