Thread: Ursula LeGuin
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 04:05 AM   #9
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I read only The Left Hand of Darkness, shortly after it was published. It made me a great impression, for its literary value for a somehow new approach to science fiction and for the gender tints it carried (very soft and catching compared with what went around in those days). My interests drifted somewhere else and new stars caught my reading eye. I still have very nice images of that only reading. A peculiar sense of warm, tender, naked essence, literally naked, against the cold, dark emptiness of space. And the deep knowledge and understanding of snow, that for a mountaineer like me sounded very true, and very readable.

I recommend it strongly.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote