View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Books come from many sources, GA.
For older public domain books Project Gutenberg is good for text and html files. The Internet Archive has a lot of PDFs, which need a great deal of work sometimes. But these work under US copyright, so won't be hosting Chandler.
I occasionally work from scans that I've done myself but find that it's a lot of work.

Now, for works entering the Canadian public domain, such as Chandler's, on 1 January 2010, there won't be an online source until someone scans an early edition and posts it somewhere on a Canadian site.
You could ask the people at Project Gutenberg Cananda, or Wikilivres (the two largest Canadian PD book sites) if they have plans to do Chandler. You could even offer to do it yourself, or join the PG Canada team of distributed proofreaders.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote