View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #9
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Yup, go for it

I started writing regularly for the first time in at least a decade, a couple of years ago. Wanna know what the catalyst was? Finding out that I had (at the time) major heart problems, and that I'd need open heart surgery in the near future. Crikey, that's a great way to focus yourself on what you REALLY want out of life! Anyhow, I've been publishing as I write the whole time, and it's been great. Sure, some of it sucked, and some of it still does. But I've been surprised to find that the stuff I finished and got polished up somewhat, actually has found quite a few fans over the world. You might be surprised at others' opinions of your work.

And if it helps, I generally manage at least 500 words a week, often written on the train or in other less-than-ideal locations, in between full-time work, parenting a toddler, housework, and dealing with chronic energy-level issues. That's not a brag, I'm just trying to say that it's possible - altho it requires major priority-shuffling at times. Just - work out what's really important to you, and aim for those things

PS. It's late. I'm tired. I MAY be making sense. No promises!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote