View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #15
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@unboggling: If you are on OS X pdfinfo will not be installed as a command line tool, you will need to find it inside the calibre application bundle.
Found it. I think on OS X I'd have to input the pdf file to pdfinfo in a script. But I have no burning need to take the time to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@BR: covers are not inserted into PDF and all custom column metadata is inserted using a special namespace so it does not cause problems for any other application.
Some people may not want all their custom column metadata automatically saved willy-nilly into exported PDFs.

Though personally, I wish custom column metadata could be written into other formats besides PDF. Such as EPUB.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote