Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ah... what db are you using? It seems slow in that case, cause 10k records isn't alot. Do you have the data indexed by title/author/tags so that the db doesn't have to do a table scan and it can do an index scan?

Do you create tag index tables or just sort through a tags field in every record to find stuff?

BOb
Sqlite, and it is fully indexed on all sort fields. I haven't really looked into what is causing the slowdown, primarily because this isn't a problem for most users, but I suspect some flaw in the database design. I'm just not enough of a sql guru to be able to figure it out easily.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote