View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #338
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Yeah the lighter part I think is significant considering the screen estate you also gain over the N7 and Nook HD. I haven't seen a mini in person yet, of course, but I think that the screen estate gain over typical long and skinny 7" devices might be very valuable for reading/browsing.
But then again, you've diminished portability by making it wider. The whole 7" category of tablet is meant to be portable, and many will find anything larger than the traditional 7" size to stretch those boundaries.

Frankly, I'd like to see some tablets in the 6" size with high resolution displays. They'd be even more portable than any current 7-8" model, yet still be perfectly usable for reading.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote