View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #7
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevorkian View Post
That's all nit-picking, though, as it's blatantly obvious that this question is about encryption-based DRM.
I agree, although the point was worth mentioning for others who may not have read "full-scale DRM" to mean encryption based or the most restrictive form of DRM.

As others mention, watermarks are still DRM, they're just a middle of the road DRM.

Have to say though, I often say I'm against DRM in posts when what I actually mean is I'm against the current common form of DRM which is encryption based. So that may be why the question was "obviously" about encryption vs watermarks vs nothing to me. It might not read that way to everyone.

Last edited by JoeD; 09-27-2012 at 07:34 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote