View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #255
foxfire
Enthusiast
foxfire began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Just to clarify, Are you are going to the Account / Settings option and selecting the "Sign Out" option?

If so then do NOT do this, you don't need to. If you suspend the application, or fully quit it then it will not be running, but you will be signed into your account.

If you are signing out of the app then it WILL remove all of your books. This is how the app is designed to work.

If the app is closing on it's own then it sounds as though it is crashing. Can you answer the following questions for me please:
1. What exact device are you using; eg; iPad1 Wifi
2. What exact iOS version are you using; eg; iOS 5.0.1
3. What exact version of the Kobo application are you using; eg; 5.3. You can find out the app version by running the Settings app, then scroll down to the Kobo item, tap on it, and you should see the first item displays the app version number.

The latest version of the app is 5.3, and if you are not running 5.3 then I would strongly suggest you upgrade to it.

From what you have said, if the app is crashing then it is probably corrupting the database we use, so that when you relaunch we remove the database as we discover it is corrupt. This results in all books being removed and your signed in status being removed, thus you have to sign back in and books have to download again.

Could you also tell me what book(s) you were opening when you saw this issue happen (title of book and author), and I'll try and reproduce the issue here. It is possible it might be an issue with a specific book causing the app to crash.
ipad2....latest kobo app available for ipad....I think I updated it once.

The last 2 books were Emma by Austen (the free version) and The Haunted Bookstore by Christopher Morley.

I am hoping itbhas settled down...at least for now....
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote