View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
One cool thing I really like about the stock B&N reader on my NT is the "pages left in chapter" feature when you pull the menu up. On my Kindle 3, I was always looking ahead and the next chapter to get an idea how long the next chapter or section was. I read a lot on breaks at work and I hate to stop in the middle of a section so I'd look ahead to see if I thought I'd be able to make through the next chapter or scene break before my break ended. This cool feature comes in handy.

I've noticed a problem though. While the first couple of books I read worked perfectly, the book I'm now reading doesn't show the correct information for pages left. This book is an omnibus that has a two-level ncx. Everything on the first level works fine. However there are three subsections on the second level. One under book one, one under book two and a section under extras. Anything on this second level, all the chapters for book one let's say, show together as one large chapter as far as the "pages left" feature is concerned.

I really don't see anything different about the structure of this book over the previous books I read that seemed to work other than having a two-level ncx.

Has anyone else noticed this or know anything about how the structure should be setup in order for this to work correctly?

Thanks.

- Byron
I saw that recently on a book with multi-level TOC. It works fine on a single level, so I would guess the "pages left in chapter" counter has a bug for multi-level TOC.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote