View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #56
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Re the two list thing from CWatkinsNash. What are your reasons for maintaining two lists? Why nit just one list with clear turned off? Is it because when you sync it sends the entire list each time?
I would like to chime in on this conversation also because I too maintain two lists for my kindle, I have my sync list and my reading list. My sync list is the list which I maintain in order to keep track of all the books which should be on my kindle until I am ready to get around to reading them. I like to keep them all on there just in case I am in the mood to switch to something different when I complete a book. My reading list is just that, it consists of the books which I know I want to be read within the very near future. Originally this list started out with only about 10 books, but because I have alot of series books this list is now over 40 books large. Which means I need to spend time with it moving books around for various reasons.

And to make this process more complicated, I also keep a copy of the books of my reading list on my Galaxy tab in case I either want to read in bed or my kindle battery dies because I forgot to charge it (which I do alot because I read so much on my kindle). And I also have four additional lists which are lists to sync my books to backup folders on my hard drive. These lists are solely for backup purposes and are only synced once a week or every few weeks depending on how often I buy books from those vendors.

So you see, even with the simplification of the plugin, my life is still complicated because I am an organizing junkie.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote