View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #33
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Do Kindles cost significantly more in Norway, as in more than the 139 (USD) charged for the low end device in the U.S. ?
I paid a total of US$ 203,18 including VAT and freight for the US$ 139,- version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
To tie in to another thread.
For people complaining that stores are tightening geographic restrictions and refusing to sell to them, and asking why on earth stores would turn down potential customers, here is one reason. For the small amount of international sales they might make, is it worth the hassle of having to deal with each individual country's laws and regulations?
I can see that, but also, there are so many Non-Norway-Located stores that sell to Norway without being in the tax/vat register in Norway. Then the Norwegian customer have to do the taxing/vat'ing him/herself including the extra blood price of Norwegian Post Office fee.
The (international) store does not *have* to comply with the Norwegian rules/regulations and does not *have* to register with the Norwegian register. Then the goods entering Norway goes through the customs border control and the buyer is then presented all the paperwork and fees.

Anyway, thank you very much Amazon, to register with the vat register and such save me the US$ 25,- fee that I have to pay when processing the goods myself. That is, if the goods cost between US$ 35,- and US$ 160,-. If cost is more than US$ 160,- then the fee is US$ 50,-

(Glad I'm moving abroad soon)
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote