View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I tried to get metadata for "The Hammer" by S. M. Stirling & David Drake. Nothing. Succeeded only when I changed author field for David Drake & S. M. Stirling.
And of course, those apostrophes...
I'd like to be offered some selections even with just last name of the author, or no author at all.
After a bulk fetch, I go back through the remaining books to solve individual problems. Typically, for a problem book, I copy and paste the author and title into the comments section (so I don't lose them), then leave only the author's last name and one unique word from the title. That seems to produce decent results in most cases. For a multi-author book, I try each author. If I get a good result, I replace the full author and title either by allowing overwrite or using cut/paste from the comments filed where I stored them originally.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote