View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I think the story that Fitzgerald was telling is that Nicole ultimately was a parasite, that her recovery took something vital from Dick. I think your your version also would work, however; why not have it be a love that ended without annihilation of one of the lovers? But I continue to see Dick as a Icarus-like figure, one who flew too high and crashed.
I did not know (before reading this thread, shame on me!) about Fitzgerald's wife, so I definitely have to agree with you, I had not thought about this take on their story.

As somebody else said above, this is a book that keeps "growing" on you long after having finished it!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote