Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #79
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
No idea. It shouldn't, but I have been wondering the same thing. I can't see how mine could be resulting in the wierd battery indicator issues, but I have wondered if maybe there could be an issue going on of increased battery drain.

Memory cards, even during read and write don't use a lot of power. Generally only a few dozen miliamps at 3.3v (so maybe 20-80mw). At idle when the card isn't being accessed it shouldn't draw anything, but maybe in some units something wierd is going on where the SD card slot is drawing power with a card in all the time.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote