View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoggyB View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first post on these forums.

I just received my Kindle 3 in the mail, and immediately ran into a brick wall. I got the WiFi only version, and my university network uses Enterprise. Aaah, nvm... I came across a patch for this on these forums. So, I jailbroke it. However, I would really appreciate any pointers you could give me with regards to the USBNetwork installation process.

The README that comes with it is a little intimidating

First off, can I install USBNetwork on my Kindle from Windows 7, or will I need to install a Linux OS on another partition? If that's the case, would Ubuntu work?

This is the site I've found that explains how to make the Kindle connect to an enterprise network: http://frakira.fi.muni.cz/~antos/201...e-and-eduroam/

Please do not be put off by my questions. Yes, I am an undergraduate freshman but I'm eager to learn. And I couldn't find any helpful info on what USBNetwork is via Google.
Basically you can install USBNetwork without any problems via a Win7 PC. Having got it on there you need some knowledge to use it. The warnings are only there to stop you tinkering if you do not know what you are doing as it is possible to brick the Kindle.
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote