View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:19 AM   #5
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
I have to say, the Fictionwise support people have me pretty confused. When I responded to their email, theytold me pretty much the opposite of what you said -- they say the IMP has to be handled by the Librarian software, but the RB file can be dropped directly onto the memory card with no extra step

I drag and drop my IMP files directly onto the SM storage card and then put the card into the EBW1150. The Librarian software is not needed for this.

If you are converting your own content you will need the software in order to make the IMP files. For this I use eBook Publisher from eBook Technologies inc (It is free). I have experimented with various formats but I find RTF the best format to use when making IMP files.

I obtain content in different formats such as HTML or TXT but I always convert these to RTF before converting to the imp format. I find this gives me the best result with no strange characters appearing on the EBW. This way you can also adjust the font size to suit your eyesight.

When making the IMP file with eBook Publisher you can edit the .odf file during the process to accomodate narrower margins, running headers etc.

The eBook Publisher settings I use are Greyscale Half-VGA, and view with Large and Small Font. This will provide you with an IMP file that, when read on the EBW, can have its font size made larger or smaller.

Last edited by Moonraker; 12-12-2006 at 05:26 AM.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote