View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #15
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero10 View Post

3) If both 1 and 2 are no, THEN let's send out an envelope and return it to Kobo for service. This should never be the first solution given the amount of time involved.
I am in this situation. There is no option to either go to the shop
or get mailed card. I _have_ to get SD card image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero10 View Post

What I am saying is, the program itself needs to be more thorough in verifying the firmware was correctly written. They can test it all they like but they must still expect the odd failure in the real world. Obviously it is not properly verifying this part or it should have displayed an error about the firmware update process going astray. If they could detect the situations where the firmware updates are failing they could gather more information back in these situations and would stand a chance of remedying the root cause of this issue for future users. I have lost faith in this update process, I am left sitting here feeling like if I ever attempt another USB firmware update it will fail in exactly the same way.
As a user you did more than necessary. You post your point of view
and how you solved an issue. I see this community as the way to check
out firmware, try it out, say what is wrong and what to expect. What
any manufacturer might ask for?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote