View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #25
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
You're right; until they're taken down (or possibly passed on to me), I'll keep wondering, and checking to see what, if anything, is posted under these accounts. It will, quite literally, drive me batty I've sent the author another message, asking about the possibility of the accounts being closed. The response will determine my next steps ...
I entirely agree with everyone else that the author's (or the author's representative's) actions were entirely reprehensible.

I just wanted to point out, though, that it may not be possible to delete the accounts - some websites simply don't have a mechanism for deleting accounts. If that is the case, though, there's no reason why he can't hand over control of the accounts. He could change the password, then tell you the new password. Then you log in and change the password to something else. Even if you never use the account, at least you'll know that no-one else is using it.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote