View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ga View Post
If you search via the search bar (thats why its there huh??) it takes 5 seconds for some authors and 30 or more for others (with a program appearing to freeze in between). The same searches mostly take the same time: eg danielle steel is 5 seconds, yet jon sprunk is more than 30.
I see one possible problem, you may not searching for authors or tags correctly. Try:

authors:"=jon sprunk"
or
tags:"=Mystery"

I think you'll find these searches to be almost instantaneous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ga View Post
Can any one answer about the conditions under which opf files are actually saved to disk? I bet never, untill you do the backup manually (about 5 hours for my library).
I just updated the metadata for one book then immediately opened the folder and the OPF file had already been updated.

One other thing, You still haven't answered the question, are you running your database off of the network or from a local drive?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-25-2011 at 07:05 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote