View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #164
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
It is entirely shallow, but I frequently skip fiction books that have amateurish covers, especially those using actual photos or photo-realistic images (particularly in the fantasy genre). I'd rather have a text only one. Ideally, the cover should be drawn or painted. (But I understand that this is a cost issue for self-publishing authors who may not have artist friends.)
It's a cost issue for traditional publishers too. More and more of them are moving away from that sort of thing. TOR still does quite a bit of original artwork, and publishers will pay for it for the more successful authors, but I think it will be less and less common. It's much cheaper to buy stock art.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote