View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 04:32 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
1. Does it have the same (or similar) software as the BeBook Mini? Meaning
2. Does it read all the formats as on the latter machine. I noticed the site listed mobi but will it read prc?
No, it's completely different firmware.

What format do you mean when you say "PRC"? A "PRC" file is simply a "container" (a bit like a ZIP file) which can contain data in any format whatsoever. One of those possible formats is a Mobipocket book, but it could be a thousand other things too.

If you have a Mobipocket book, it is irrelevant whether it has an file extension of ".mobi" or ".prc". All Mobi files are PRC files, but not all PRC files are Mobipocket books.

Quote:
3. Does it have the text to speech function as on the mini. I realise that this is not much use to normal users but could be very useful to people with eyesight problems.
No, it doesn't, but I think personally that it's significantly better than the BeBook Mini in terms of what it does have - the Wacom touch screen, the overall user interface, and so on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote