View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Huh? I think you must have left something out, it's pretty easy to drive from Atlanta to the Florida border, I've done it many times. From your reference to the Arctic and Antarctica, I assume that the show had Matlock drive _North_ from Atlanta to your home town.

I generally enjoy books set in my home town (Atlanta). I haven't read all that many of them, but one ones that I have, it's pretty obvious that the author has actually been in the city at some point in their life.

For the most parts, inaccuracies don't bother me all that much unless the book is suppose to be non fiction. Heck, I even like the song "The Night they drove old Dixie Down", with all the blazing errors in that one (note to Canadian song writers - Robert E Lee, was in North Virginia, not Tennessee and Stonewall Jackson was not a cavalry general (he also was in North Virginia, not Tennessee)). The fact that silencers don't work on revolvers didn't bother me at all in The Sting.
I left out the word North.
He stated that he had to drive North to my town the next morning.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote