View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #30
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
What they gain is the feeling/belief that they've helped out another human being. Here they are, providing a good that the marketplace did not, for which there is demand.

Whether they should do so is another discussion, one that has been beaten to a pulp around here.
Ah, give the gift of stolen merchandise? Guess that hadn't occurred to me.

And no, I wasn't trying to start THAT argument again. It just boggles my mind because it's a lot of work. And I assume most of them do it anonymously so they aren't going to get a whole lot of "feel good." Or maybe I just wouldn't get anything out of it so I can't quite place myself in their position.

It's just WEIRD. They could make actual money doing this sort of thing working for authors with a backlist. Or they could join communities where they wouldn't need to be anonymous and actually be thanked for helping proof/upload public domain works...

Just boggles.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote