View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Paola! Thanks for this!!
Looking of the contributors here review have the most!!!

PB Executuves: hire his services!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
There is quite a bit of information going around this forum, and quite a bit more on the German and the Russian one, so I thought it might be helpful to gather what we know in a single spot. Of course I must have missed a lot of stuff, which we could add below. And of course, if you spot any mistakes, please let me know!

Hardware
Opening your PB
: see here
SD card: not all card can be read: I do not know which ones work, but if you tell me we can list them here.

Firmware
1. Current firmware version: It is 2.0.4, available here
Known issues: updating the firmware will get rid of the "games" directory, so before updating make sure you have a backup.

2. SDK: The SDK is expected to be released in March, however some people have had a go already: you can find the story here.

3. updating firmware: you can either do this by copying the file on the sd card, or you can copy the file directly in the internal memory (if you do not have a card). Note that any file on the device has priority on files on the SD card. Remember to remove the file from the device after the update.

Known bugs
For all models:
  • Problem: Themes do not work.
602:
  • Problem: if using bookmarks, the book does not reopen. Solution: do not use bookmarks
903:
  • Problem: the web-browser re-writes the config file each time, so does not save any changes to the appearances (font size, bookmarks), while it does retain history. Solution: hopefully fixed in the next the book does not reopen.

Charging
1. charging light colour: it can stay amber even if the device is fully charged.
2. wall charger: should deliver 5V/1000mA DC

Utilities
1. Text To Speech (TTS): available here

User developed applications:
FBReader 180 (with wrist page turn, courtesy of GrayNM): see here. Careful here, as the context menu is wrongly mapped (but the functions are there).

Annotations (courtesy of review): instructions are here for the latest 2.0.4 FW version (released in January), and here for the December 2.0.4 version.

Utility to unzip files (courtesy of review): instructions are here.

Utility to switch the wifi on and off (courtesy fo review): see here.

Utility for remote shell access (courtesy of review): see here

Chess for pocketbook (courtesy of sergeyvl12): see here.

Application to read DJVU files with enhanced contrast (courtesy of review): see here.

RSS newsfeeders
Review's RSS feeder: here.
Igor's programme (but works via PC, a bit like Calibre): here.

FAQ:
Connections:

How do I transfer files between the device and my computer? For transfer via bluetooth, see here. For more sophisticated ways, see here.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote