View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokro View Post
I did a lot of searching and couldn't find the answer. I found a regular expression here but I have a small problem with it.

Now I don't think I need anything this crazy.
Code:
(?P<author>((?!\s-\s).)+)\s-\s(?:(?:\[\s*)?(?P<series>.+)\s(?P<series_index>\d+)(?:\s*\])?\s-\s)?(?P<title>[^(]+)(?:\(.*\))?
All of my files are in either two formats depending if it is a series or not

authorlastname, authorfirstname - Seriesname 01 - Title.extension

or

authorlastname, authorfirstname - Title.extension

The above Regular Expression is picking up everything fine but it is adding a whitespace character to Author First name. I can rename my files authorlastname,authorfirstname and it will work fine but I have a good number of files and really don't want to go through and rename them all.

Looking for some help to prevent the whitespace before the Author's First name.
There is an option in Calibre in import/export , Adding books to swap firstname lastname.
when the book is
firstname lastname - series 01 - title
you leave it unchecked, when the book filename is
lastname, firstname - series 01 - title
you check it.
Another option is to import everything with the option unchecked and then, at the end of the day do
- select all imported books
- start bulk edit
- start experimental search and replace
- search field author
- search for ([^ ]+), (.+)
- replace with \2 \1

I use this import regular expression
Code:
(?P<author>[^-]+)( - (\[|\()?(?P<series>[^-]+)(\[| |\()+(?P<series_index>[0-9]+)(\]|\))?)? - (?P<title>.+)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote