View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I'm usually a buy it person, too, but our small apartment is already filled with books and DVDs (I actually have several books hidden underneath the couch) so I had to put the brakes on my purchasing. I'd buy ebooks, but I can't seem to stomach paying more for ebooks than what paper books cost. Seriously, if I can buy a hardcover copy of a book for $18, I don't want to pay $25 for the ebook version.

Besides, I also read a lot of trashy romance novels for mindless entertainment. I won't ever read those again so the library's pretty good for that.

By the way, I just checked the NetLibrary site for LAPL, all it had was Project Gutenberg/public domain ebooks. I even tried searching for titles that I have checked out so I know the library has them and those didn't show up in NetLibrary. It seems the NetLibrary site for LAPL is only for direct reading of ebooks via web browser. I guess licensing restrictions would forbid them from making copyrighted ebooks available for everyone simultaneously via NetLibrary.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote