View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #73
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Plus don't forget eyes. You should know that yourself. Beeing light sensitive makes you perceive light different. If someone is night blind for instance, there is nothing you can do about it. Just the way it is.

As for your reading light level: Give it some time, maybe a week or two, and you might get tired of messing with the light every time you go different places. What works for me is to simply put it at the level that is good for dark room / night reading, and never touch it again no matter where I read. For me it is 12 at the moment. When I got the PW brand new I had it around 5. I was afraid that too bright would tire my eyes out too fast so I set it as dark as possible and still be able to read with a small font. The display is so great, that reading it a bit brighter does not wear your eyes out as other (e.g. lcd) screens might. So I experimented, and now rather than set it to as dark as possible I changed my mindset to set it to as bright as possible, just before it appears too bright. YMMV

Even hubby says there is no way he can read it at 17. He has perfect vision. It's just too bright on my PW. It's a very powerful light.
I can stand 10 it's readable but not for too long. 8 is perfect for me. 4 for reading at night. I turn it down in the dark due to a 6'1 275lb grouch in the bed next too me that I call my darling hubby.

Everyone here knows how many book lights, K3 lighted case and Kindle Fire I have tried for night reading and he complains about them all. So far no complaints on the Paperwhite.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote