Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #572
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I was trying to find a short story (sci fi) that I read a long long time ago. I am guessing based on the kinds of things I was reading at that time that it was Anne McCaffrey or possibly Ray Bradbury although it could have been a random author from an anthology possibly. The story had something to do with a war with the population on Mars (?) and a soldier who was hopelessly jinxed. In the end they decided to send him to live on Mars as the assignment that would give them the biggest benefit in the war effort. It wasn't the best story but I often recall it when my niece breaks yet another piece of electronic equipment seemingly by touching it. I did flip through the Illustrated Man and To Ride Pegasus which were still lurking about what is left of my paper library but didn't see it. It might have been there but it didn't jump out at me if it was.
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote