View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #26
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
A few, but I read the release carefully and it does NOT say the every eBook title will be available and in reality, there is very little said about how this will work. Is the local lib merely a "port" (window) to the entire Kindle lib or will the local library actually be required to have a file sitting on a computer even if the "borrowed" book comes from Amazon, etc, etc, etc.
I'm assuming it will work like Overdrive already does, except that borrowed mobi files will be useable on the Kindle without Kindlefix (most likely), or Amazon will start supporting ePub and Adobe DRM (unlikely). I'd also assume that Amazon will work with Overdrive so they can offer more mobi titles.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote