View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Possible solution - 'ContentService has stopped unexpectedly' indexing crash

Following up from this thread which has good information and solutions to unviewable last page of Collections.

I had the same indexing crash as described in the earlier thread after sideloading about a dozen titles to the Digital Editions and media\books directories, and numerous soft resets did not sort out my problem. My newly added books would not display, though they were present when I checked via USB on my laptop. Deleting the titles did not help, as I then had ghost covers with 'removing' written across them, and then another 'content service etc - force close?' situation. Soft resets yielded the same result.

ebmr's .nomedia fix also did not do the trick for me, and I was resigned to wiping my data with a hard reset when I decided to go through the settings feature.

'Reset Defaults' option did the trick.

I had to re-enter my location/language/time and wifi information, but that was a breeze as opposed to rebuilding my 35 collections and sideloading all my books.

Hope this helps someone else, and back to enjoying my book
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote