View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #53
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John K View Post
I just discovered (and bought) Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon series. I'm surprised that he's not mentioned. I wonder if that means I'm going to be disapointed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
No, you won't be disappointed in the Gabriel Allon series. They are excellent (actually, the first few are just very good and then they get better as Allon's character is more fully fleshed out). Be sure to read the books in order!
I agree. I just read the first book by Daniel Silva: The Unlikely Spy (1996). And I found it very good. In time i will read them all 13 in his production.

A good Espionage author is a an important asset if one loves the genre.

Of all the great authors of the recent past, I like to place Len Deighton just one little step ahead of the great John Le Carré , especially with the first part of his production, where Harry Palmer shines in his dullness.

Last edited by beppe; 10-23-2010 at 08:46 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote