View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmafish View Post
I leaned on my Sony PRS-600 (very lightly) and broke the screen!
Now I want to fix it. Sony charges $275 for the replacement part - the price of a new one (on sale)!
I think I'll try to buy a replacement screen from Hanlin and put it in my Sony.
Wish me luck
I replaced some PRS-600 display. It's not a simple job, even for an experienced engineer, but if you wish (and you live in Europe) I can do it for you with 120 Euro plus shipment.

Don't forget that each display needs it's own calibration file, and you need to reload it to minimize the ghost effect.
I have most of the calibration files for 6" displays, but I don't have the tool for reload it in the Sony reader.

But because I have a lot of spare displays (I replace 2 to 5 each week) I can test many of them in the reader until I find the right one.

If you buy a single display from Hanlin, you can be lucky and find the right one, or you can get a lot of ghost effect.

Usually one display of ten is good enought to replace without reload the calibration file.

Luke
Simplicissimus Book Farm
Support Engineer
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote