View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
For me, it's getting past the helloworld in Go to do something useful... I'm still very new to programming..... I have been playing with python, but not much has come out of it...

Maybe the admins had foresight on the autoassigned user titles... I think one of them is addict.
If I were you, and in one sense I have been and in another I still am... I would set myself a small goal. auto-process some photos, display some data in a graph, crunch some logs for data or do whatever Go does best...

get a done deal project under your belt and built on that. Every single programmer ever SUCKED until they got swing of it. Even geniuses need to learn other peoples syntax. Think of it as a foreign language or a type of literal poetry, in that way the general rules begin to sink in rather than the syntactical minutia.

Pushing on and trying is the only way. Good on you for at the very least doing that mate. No doubt good things will come of it. Oh, and read. a lot.

: ) Go go go!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote