View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #72
curb
curb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 not touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
???

The partition image is downloading fine for me. I will open it with 7-zip (used here for maximum compression) to extract it when the download is complete.

I used the much better 7-zip compression instead of gzip to save download bandwidth. Did you use 7-zip to extract ?

My download completed, and I extracted it with 7-zip, and again with WinRAR, and in both cases the successfully extracted files have matching md5sum.

I *did* upload an incorrectly extracted kernel image this morning when I was very tired, and I realized that and removed the bad link. Is that what you are referencing in your post?

Instead of manually extracting kernels from mmc0blk0 backup images, I will write a script to extract the kernel and initrd images, and I will post that so others can do the same without the pain I have to go through each time.

Yeah, I was getting a bit "bleary eyed" (very tired). Sometimes I need more than two hours of sleep (this morning I got THREE hours of sleep). [ As I said before, there is plenty of time to sleep after you are dead. ]

Thanks so...so...so much!
my kindle unbricked !!
Aoooowesome!!!
curb is offline   Reply With Quote