View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #20
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I don't wish to start a religious discussion here, but I couldn't help but notice the similarities between the state of the dervish in that passage who was "struck by Mohammed" and those charismatic/pentecostal Christians here in the United States who have experienced being "slain in the Spirit." Even the language is similar.
I find all references to religion in this book highly interesting. They are in some way much more "pure" than what we today can read about the Islam.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote