View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 09:29 AM   #15
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Nice post Kai, I agree with you. While my 6 inch Sony T-1 is indeed superior with regards to reading outdoors and battery life, in order to use it I have to dig it out of my backpack since it can't fit in my pocket.

Whereas with my Note 2, all I have to do is pull it out of my pocket and I'm reading. If I put the screen brightness all the way, I'm able to read just fine outdoors. The battery life on my Note is outstanding as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have a problem with plugging it in to the charger either at work or at home when I feel it needs a charge, but I can easily read for 3 days before needing to. Why people act like it is such a major inconvenience to plug in a tablet/phone overnight if needed is a mystery to me.

As for the cost of the phone itself, I bought mine outright for 400.00, put a pay as you go T-Mobile simcard in it and loaded up all of my music and 987 books onto it. That right there paid for the phone since I paid considerably more for those and can now take them with me EVERYWHERE I go!

What I find ridiculous is people frown about supposedly straining to read a back lit screen outside, but have no problem doing the same thing in a dark room with a front lit ereader when we aren't designed to read/see clearly in the dark.

As far as I'm concerned its two sides of the same coin, it just comes down to a matter of preference, there is no right or wrong way.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote