View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #413
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Me too! I liked that the book stayed upbeat, even with what happened to Avery. I'm looking forward to the next book in series, which is supposed to be about Cam's sister (according to some people on Goodreads). Have you read any of her two Gamble Brothers books? They look cute. Which of her books have you read and liked?
I only read the first Gamble Brothers book [Tempting the Best Man] and I rated it 3 star, I think this was 1 of her first 'grown-up' books. IIRC, I didn't hate it nor love it, but the story was kind of predictable. I haven't bought the 2nd in that series because for me the first was just ok, but I have it added to my watch list and would likely get it if it came up on sale.

However Under Jennifer L. Armentrout she writes YA. I read all 3 books [Obsidian, Onyx, Opal] of the Lux series and really enjoyed them. I would say 3.5-4 star, but only if you enjoy YA at all. She has a 4th coming out that I will definitely buy this summer because of a cliffhanger in book 3, and I really did enjoy them.

When I had bought the Lux series [quite awhile ago], I got them from Kobo and those are the only books they carry by her. I just realized that I had never thought to check Amazon for any of her other works and she has a whole other series called 'Covenant'. I will likely add them to my wish list and see if I can get them at a lower price. I don't mind YA at all if it's well done.

But, overall, under JLA, like I said, is YA, and at this point after what she did under J. Lynn with 'Wait for You', I'm much more curious to see what she comes up with in the future for contemporary romance. I see she has a couple books coming out this year which I'm sure to get.

Here's a link to her website [since now I'm mad at myself for not realizing she had more books before so I went searching for info ]

http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/j-lynn/

BTW I broke down the other day and bought "Falling into You' by Jasinda Wilder and am reading it right now, wonder if you did too?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote