View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #826
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm hanging right at 79k. Still not eating 'big' meals... trying to keep the calories below 1200 instead of the 900 when I was working at it. Only taking long walks every other day or so, but really pushing when we walk. I'm comfortable at this weight, but wouldn't mind dropping another 3-4kg. In March I'm going to start a regimen of muscle building to get in better shape for our move back into the jungle in June/July.

Stitchawl
Remember that you'll probably want to ramp up your protein intake when you start to build muscle. The usual advice seems to be that the average sedentary adult needs 45 grams of protein a day but if you work out an hour a day to build muscle you'll need to add about 60 grams to that. I've always considered that too much to try to consume when I'm try to cut calories to burn fat so I've stuck with cardio workouts for that purpose and average about 65 grams per day. The transition from exercising and eating to lose fat to exercising and eating to maintain weight and build strength is going to be interesting. But I'm hoping I get my weight down far enough that it becomes relevant. Anyway, good luck, Stichy.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote