View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
and you can find yourself waiting quite a long time. as with most technology purchases, buy what is available today, or keep waiting for the "next best thing."
This isn't a case of waiting for the next best thing.

My ONLY real need for a tablet is to read and mark up academic documents on a device that's light and easy to hold and read, hold with one hand and write with the other, gets reasonable battery life etc. I don't need hand writing recognition as I wouldn't do text entry. Just need the ability to highlight things, jot notes in the margin, take notes in a notepad program etc.

So I currently have NO reasonable options for that, so I have no choice but to wait.

And I'm in no rush. Print outs of PDFs work just fine, just annoying to lug back and forth between home and the office when working on a paper etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote