View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #251
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Edit: I just opened mine up on the reader itself and those lines for the font sharpness and weight will be there for every font style that you've set. I was checking which font won't display <em> or even <i> correctly and set them as I checked them so I wouldn't have to bother again if I ever wanted to use them, so mine is much longer now with that info.

Had I realized that before, I could have changed the file instead setting them all by hand.

And I'm going to try setting it for my added fonts that don't have an advanced button and see if that works.
I think I have seen that it is something about these fonts that allow the software to make the changes. But, maybe a font expert can look at them and work out what it is. Knowing that might give an idea whether this could work. Of course, it requires that the code that uses the fonts doesn't have a hardcoded list that it manipulates.

Quote:
Edit: Changing the line-height to 1.225 actually did work. It gave me one extra line of text per page, so I know it's made a difference. It's a shame it doesn't allow you to go lower than that, but even 1.225 is an improvement over 1.3. Thanks for mentioning that, davidfor.
Glad to help. I have never understood the choices Kobo gives for the line spacing. I think the default 1.3 isn't unreasonable, but there should be at least one step below it. The list of set-able line spacings is: 1.3, 1.35, 1.4, 1.6, 1.775, 1.9, 2, 2.2, 3. You can manually set any value in that range and it works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote