View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #89
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaves View Post
Um... I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, so I hope it's okay if I link a screenshot! This is what I'm talking about, I've tried to highlight the areas where the grey background pokes out. I noticed that I could zoom in to cover the grey area, but it wouldn't apply with every page. It's not a huge difference, really - I just want the text book to be full screen. :3

I'm also noticing that Good Reader is $5. Are there any free alternatives that work fairly well? I've downloaded Stanza, but it keeps freezing after a few seconds.
I think the gray margins are due to the aspect ratio of the document you are viewing, not due to the iBook. It is flush with the left and right edges. To maintain a correct and accurate aspect ratio you will occasionally see this sort of thing. I have some PDF's that have gray bars on the left and right sides as they happen to be a bit taller than they are wide.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote