View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drauger View Post
What about lipc-send-event com.lab126.powerd.resuming 1?
Did you test that? It does not seem to do anything on my K4 when it is showing a screensaver. It does not seem to do anything on my K4 when it is showing a desktop. Did you TEST it? The command I showed actually works both in modes (awake and "asleep"), and there is a lipc "get" command to find out which mode you are in so you can conditionally press the power button only when needed.

On a related note, when asleep the kindles disable keyboard events EXCEPT that on the touch, the waitforkey command returns rotation event "key codes" even when the kindle is asleep. A practical use is to have a SIMPLE background task that calls "inotify" to wake on filesystem events, which would wake when "waitforkey" writes to /tmp (waitforkey >/tmp/key) and then send a power button press to wake up. Picking up your kindle would wake it...

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-28-2012 at 10:48 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote