Thread: PRS-500 Broken Screen?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashzero View Post
I know the information is limited, but I'm guessing the screen has somehow broken internally. Is that possible? Can the screen be replaced?
Yes, the screen is made of thin glass behind the eInk part of the screen. This is the bit of the screen that has the electronics controlling each pixel of the screen.

Yes, it can break, and the pattern of breaks looks just like broken glass.

I don't know how much Sony charge to replace the screen. It might be worth contacting them and finding out.

All current ebook reader eInk screens are glass. There are screens with a plastic substrate due out some time this year that should be much more robust.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote