View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #167
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
My D.C. card was taken away after only a couple of months but they had never charged me for it as I had expected. This happened to others, I think.

Yup--same thing happened to me. I applied for a DC library card on their website--clearly indicating I was a non-resident. (Per their web site, they allow non-resident cards for a fee but didn't specify the fee.) They sent me a valid card number via e-mail right after I applied, but didn't mention anything about a fee.

About a month and a half or so later, my card stopped working, so I gave them a call, figuring they could tell me what their fee was and how I could pay it. At that time, they simply reactivated my card and still didn't charge a fee.

A few months after that my card number stopped working again--I'm assuming they went through their database at that time and de-activated all non-resident cards. I haven't called back, as now I have more than enough libraries that I can access--being a resident of California does have certain advantages!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote