View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #22671
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I guess I don't understand emergency status? Does that help cover the cost?

I hope that you are able to move into the new apartment and get out of the smell. Fire damage is awful and tough to clean.

I know it is too late for you guys but I hope that others take away the importance of insurance. It might be expensive but it sure is useful when something goes wrong. I had several friends in grad school who had fires and were not insured. It was awful. My renters insurance was $10 a month for a two bedroom apartment so it was not onerous and I carried it from day one. Home owners insurance was a requirement to get a mortage so we carry it. I have actually insisted that we carry flood insurance (not likely but possible, we have a sump pump in the basement that has been triggered). In California, I would insist on earthquake insurance. It is expensive but if an Earth quake hits and takes out or damages your house, it is worth it.

I guess I look at insurance as a must have, if I cannot afford the insurance, I cannot afford the thing.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote