View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #9
Stephen Cole
Stephen Cole will become famous soon enoughStephen Cole will become famous soon enoughStephen Cole will become famous soon enoughStephen Cole will become famous soon enoughStephen Cole will become famous soon enoughStephen Cole will become famous soon enoughStephen Cole will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
What many of us at MobileRead have experienced, has been e-book companies (like yours) that either go belly-up or change their focus/systems, resulting in any books people bought being lost to them completely. I'm not saying you will, but things happen... and with e-books, they've happened way too often already. If I could keep my own copy of the book I bought on my computer, I'd feel much better about it.
Steve, Greg's comment is right: at eBooks.com, you do get to download the book to your computer / device and, in that sense at least, you are able to keep it forever. Also, the online version is also there whenever you need it.

But your reservations are fair too. Things are still too ephemeral in the e-world. PCs die, businesses fold. BN.com's sudden exit from ebooks was a case in point.

Stephen
Stephen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote