View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Right now I have five screens in front of me - 4 LCD and one Eink - and there's text on all of them. It certainly doesn't feel like I'm doing different things when I'm reading from different screens.

I could understand the idea that there could be a major difference between reading from a CRT with a 60Hz refresh on one hand and EInk on the other - but the OP seems to be thinking we should link both together and put paper on the other side.

I think the biggest differences would come from reading straight text vs. reading documents with lots of hyperlinks and banner ads on the side etc. In that case there's a real difference because there are more choices to make - but it's what's being read not the medium.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote